All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Dr. David Cundiff called me with a proposal to help research and write The Right Medicine I was intrigued but skep- tical. His ideas for reform of the US health care system were visionary, radical, and highly original-but would they work? As a Wall Street analyst and long-time student of the health care system, I had my doubts. had read David's book on hospice care, Euthanasia Is Not the I Answer, and was impressed. And I had recently witnessed the slow death of my grandmother from the complications of Alzheimer's disease. Despite the fact that she was and had been suffering for years and despite the fact that her care was an extraordinary emotional and financial burden, nursing home administrators and physicians encouraged one last ditch treat- ment after ather, pulling her back each time from the brink of what would have been a merciful death. I knew that David was correct in his contention that hospice care and a more spar- ing application of high techlogy medicine were major keys to improving health care. I also realized, after a decade of analyzing the health care industry, that a government-funded system along the lines of Canada's was probably the only way to rein in rampant infla- tion and provide universal coverage. But David had other ideas, too. He argued that preventive care could dramatically cut both the incidence and costs associ- ated with the most common causes of illness in America today.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/08/1994
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.