All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussing rights and liberties in Islam, this examination focuses on three connected and complementary areas--education, work, and welfare--and how each is treated in the Qur'an. The Prophet and Pious Caliphs are used as examples as the book argues that the educated are more likely to enter the workforce and contribute to the community. Touching upon various topics, including the institutionalization of learning, the role of governments, and the responsibility to care for individuals in need, this record offers an understanding of human rights from an Islamic perspective. Those interested in Islamic Studies, law, and philosophy will be particularly intrigued.
- Author BiographyM. H. Kamali is Chairman of the International Institute of Islamic Studies, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He was formerly Prof of Law at the International Islamic University Malaysia, where he taught Islamic law for over twenty years.
- Author(s)M. H. Kamali
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleFundamental Rights and Liberties in Islam Series
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.