All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIt is w more than a decade since the Right to Food Guidelines were negotiated, agreed and adopted internationally by states. This book provides a review of its objectives and the extent of success of its implementation. The focus is on the first key guideline - Democracy, good governance, human rights and the rule of law - with an emphasis on civil society participation in global food governance. The five BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) are presented as case studies: representing major emerging ecomies, they blur the line between the Global North and South, and exhibit different levels of human rights realisation. The book first provides an overview of the right to adequate food, accountability and democracy, and an introduction to the history of the development of the right to adequate food and the Right to Food Guidelines. It presents a historical sypsis of each of the BRICS states' experiences with the right to adequate food and an analysis of their related periodic reporting to the Committee on Ecomic, Social and Cultural Rights, as well as a specific assessment of their progress in regard to the first guideline. The discussion then focuses on the effectiveness of the Right to Food Guidelines as both a policy-making and monitoring tool, based on the analysis of the guidelines and the BRICS states.
- Author BiographyKatharine S. E. Cresswell Riol is a doctoral student at the University of Otago, New Zealand. She has a Master's degree from the University of Hohenheim, Germany, and has previously been employed as an academic writing advisor and freelance writer, as well as working and volunteering for several NGOs in the UK, Australia and Canada.
- Author(s)Katharine S E Cresswell Riol
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.