All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe carefree lifestyle of Tassos and the young men of Thera is brought to an abrupt end by the arrival of a messenger bearing devastating news.The ring he wears demands absolute obedience but his message provokes an astonishing response, one that launches them on a clandestine mission to Mian Crete. In Crete they find an island troubled by severe seismic activity and civil unrest where the messenger's token of authority has a history that threatens their mission before it has even begun but why at a time of grave crisis are those in power so determined to acquire a seemingly harmless bauble? In search of the truth they inevitably attract allies who are also seeking answers. When a horrifying discovery draws them to the legendary city of Kssos they quickly discover that thing is what it seems. Predictably a terrifying increase in seismic activity leads the people to demand that men of substance account for their inability to contain the escalating phemen but where are they? The answers lie deep within the labyrinthine corridors of Mis' awesome palace, where Tassos, his friends and the three women in his life encounter a hostile and violent culture. Their attempts to challenge an ethos where narcotic induced rituals are used to invoke the dark chthonic images of priestly power however, have devastating consequences. Only when the powerful forces of nature consolidate in the cataclysmic eruption of Thera's sacred mountain do they finally come to appreciate the Ring's sublime message. Then it is almost too late: they are caught up in an event that is set to carry them on a journey their worst nightmares could never have envisaged.
- Author BiographyLike many thousands of travelers visiting the ancient sites of Greece the author was instantly captivated by their breathtaking splendor. For him their timeworn stones also evoked such powerful images of the people who lived, loved and died there he determined to bring them back to life. Ten years probing the sites and a subsequent Post Graduate Degree in Greek archaeology have provided a rich background that puts flesh on the bones of ancient Aegean society.His thrilling novel moves breathlessly between the legendary sites of Knossos, Thera and Mainland Greece at a time when Thera's massive volcano is poised to change Aegean history for ever.
- Author(s)Frederick J Dixon
- Date of Publication17/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date28/01/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight645 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.