Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAugust 1888. Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Charles Warren has a precious artefact, a relic of incalculable value that dates back to the very earliest days of human history, in his possession. Previously sent to Jerusalem to survey and explore the ancient religious sites there, he found the solid gold object while excavating a hidden chamber under the Temple Mount, and smuggled it back to England. When a mysterious stranger pays Warren a visit, he's terrified to discover that the man is on the trail of the ancient relic but, with Warren's entire career and reputation at stake, he denies all kwledge of the object, little kwing just how far the stranger is prepared to go to destroy him and recover the artefact. But when the first murder takes place, and Martha Tabram is found stabbed to death in Whitechapel, Warren realizes the callous determination and disregard for human life of his ruthless enemy. And then the Ripper strikes again. And again. As the body count rises, and the Metropolitan Police scour the streets of Whitechapel in a vain attempt to apprehend the murderer, Warren kws that his reputation - and perhaps even his life - hangs in the balance.
- Author BiographyJack Steel worked in a garage, a factory, a mortuary and an operating theatre before joining the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm as a pilot. He served for over twenty years, including active service during the Falklands War. As a senior officer, he became involved in intelligence gathering and dissemination, in covert operations in places like Yemen, and on projects classified above Top Secret. After leaving the service, he ran his own company in his adopted home of Andorra for several years before becoming a professional author. He now divides his time between writing and lecturing, principally on ships of the major cruise lines, including Cunard. Jack Steel is a pseudonym.
- Author(s)Jack Steel
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Weight342 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine1 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.17Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.36
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.