All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScientific and historical studies in the Nineteenth-century challenged Christian believers to restate their faith in ways which took account of new kwledge. An example of this is the influence of philosophical idealism on a generation of writers and theologians, principally centred around the University of Oxford. However, these optimistic and socially-privileged men and women failed to come to terms with the mass movements and rapid changes in fin-de-siecle England. The Church moved out of touch with national life and is reaping the consequences today.
- Author BiographyTIM GOULDSTONE was ordained in 1978 after having taken a degree in Geology and after a period working in industry. Having previously served in a number of rural parishes, he is currently Anglican Chaplain to the University of East Anglia. He is a member of the Society of Ordained Scientists and has received a Templeton Foundation Award for a course on 'Science and the Christian Faith'.
- Author(s)Tim Gouldstone
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication11/02/2005
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.