All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rise and Fall of Civilizations is a sequel to The Light of Civilization , the most monumental study of the history of civilizations for several generations, where Nicholas Hagger describes religion as the basis for civilization rather than one element in its cultural expression. Saints, mystics, gurus, prophets, religious founders - it is these that drive history rather than kings and politicians. Here, he outlines the patterns of the civilizations themselves, providing a unique interpretation of the dynamics of their origin, rise and collapse, and how one civilization leads into the next. Essential reading for students of history, it will interest all seeking to understand historical patterns and where our civilization is headed today.
- Author BiographyNicholas Hagger has lectured at the University of Baghdad in Iraq and the University of Libya, and been Professor of English at Tokyo University and Keio Universities in Japan. He has spent twenty-five years researching for this book. Amongst his other works are The Secret History of the West, The Light of Civilization and The Syndicate (all O Books).
- Author(s)Nicholas Hagger
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight794 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.51Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.