All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Nichols has written a riveting and revealing anatomy of the Bush administration, by producing the most thorough portrait of its power broker. Dick Cheney sets energy policy. He guided the nation into war with Iraq. And, working closely with Karl Rover, he oversees the political infrastructure that allows corporate interests and the religious right to control lawmaking, regulation, the selection of judges, and the development of foreign policy. As the London Review of Books ted in its review, Nichols makes a persuasive case...that the vice-presidency is the real locus of power in the current U. S administration: Cheney runs the show. With an emboldened administration that has turned a thin victory into a renewed mandate - rewarding ideologues and purging dissenters - the question is more urgent than ever: Can American survive four more years of Dick Cheney?
- Author BiographyJohn Nichols, The Nation's Washington correspondent, has covered progressive politics and activism in the United States and abroad for more than a decade. Nichols is the author of two books: It's the Media, Stupid and Jews for Buchanan (The New Press, 2001).
- Author(s)John Nichols
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width133 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.