All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Nichols has written a riveting and revealing anatomy of the Bush administration, by producing the most thorough portrait of its power broker. Dick Cheney sets energy policy. He guided the nation into war with Iraq. And, working closely with Karl Rover, he oversees the political infrastructure that allows corporate interests and the religious right to control lawmaking, regulation, the selection of judges, and the development of foreign policy. As the London Review of Books ted in its review, Nichols makes a persuasive case...that the vice-presidency is the real locus of power in the current U. S administration: Cheney runs the show. With an emboldened administration that has turned a thin victory into a renewed mandate - rewarding ideologues and purging dissenters - the question is more urgent than ever: Can American survive four more years of Dick Cheney?
- Author BiographyJohn Nichols, The Nation's Washington correspondent, has covered progressive politics and activism in the United States and abroad for more than a decade. Nichols is the author of two books: It's the Media, Stupid and Jews for Buchanan (The New Press, 2001).
- Author(s)John Nichols
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width133 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.