All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rise of Asia examines emerging trends and patterns of foreign trade and investment in Asia with a view to contributing to the policy debate on how development strategies should be adopted in response to challenges to ecomic globalization. The existing body of kwledge in this subject area has predominantly been shaped by the experiences of the newly industrialized countries (NICs) in East Asia. This volume is inspired by the conviction that generalization from the NIC experience is hazardous because the on-going process of ecomic globalization over the past two decades has dramatically transformed the international context of national development policy making. Moreover, as 'embracing market', albeit at varying degree and rapidly, has w become an Asia-wide phemen, it is vital to look at the issues from a broader relational perspective, paying attention to opportunities for intra-regional division of labour within the wider context of global ecomic integration. This book will be of interest to students and scholars with an interest in Asian studies, ecomics, political ecomy and globalization.
- Author BiographyPrema-Chandra Athukorala is Professor of Economics at the Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National University, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 88 black & white tables, 58 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPrema-Chandra Athukorala
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.