All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionChina's relentless ecomic growth in the 1980s and 1990s heralded its emergence as a great power in world politics. As its ecomy expanded, China seemed poised to become the second-largest ecomy in the world. At the same time, it modernized its military and adopted a more assertive diplomatic posture. Many observers have begun to debate the international implications of China's rise. Some analysts argue that China will inevitably pose a threat to peace and security in East Asia. A few even predict a new cold war between Beijing and Washington. Others claim that a powerful China can remain benign. None believes that China can be igred. The essays in this volume assess China's emerging capabilities and intentions, debate the impact that China will have on security in the Asia-Pacific region, and propose polices for the United States to adopt in its relations with China.
- Author BiographyMichael E. Brown is Dean of the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University. Owen Cote is Associate Director of the MIT Security Studies Program and Editor of the journal International Security. Sean M. Lynn-Jones is Editor of International Security, the International Security Program's quarterly journal. He is also series editor of the Belfer Center Studies in International Security, the Program's book series that is published by MIT Press. Steven E. Miller is director of the International Security Program at the Belfer Center.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2001
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleInternational Security Readers
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJr.,Michael E. Brown,Owen R. Cote,Sean M. Lynn-Jones
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.