All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionA must for Key Stage 3 students aged 11 and up, this engaging book uses timelines to describe scientific and techlogical advances from 1700 to 1800. The Rise of Industry looks at scientific discoveries in the eighteenth century, covering the work of James Watt, Benjamin Franklin, Jethro Tull, Antoine Lavoiser and others. The steam engine, farm machinery, navigation at sea and early railways are included. Each volume in the five-book series examines the story of scientific discovery in a series of timelines and each chapter examines either a particular aspect of science, or the life and work of an important scientist of the time. Parallels with other fields, such as astromy and mathematics are highlighted so that readers can gain a rounded understanding of how scientists build on what has gone before and how science flourished in different parts of the world, or in different disciplines at the same time.
- Author BiographyCharlie Samuels studied at the University of Oxford before beginning a career in publishing that has lasted over 20 years. He has written hundreds of articles and dozens of books for younger readers, particularly about historical, cultural and military subjects. He has also contributed to and edited many illustrated reference encyclopedias for the British and American markets. He lives in London, where his nephews and godchildren are happy to tell him how to be a better writer.
- Author(s)Charlie Samuels
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleScience Timelines
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight422 g
- Width223 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.