All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionHow much does the Thomas Cromwell of popular vels and television series resemble the real Cromwell? This meticulous study of Cromwell's early political career expands and revises what has been understood concerning the life and talents of Henry VIII's chief minister. Michael Everett provides a new and enlightening account of Cromwell's rise to power, his influence on the king, his role in the Reformation, and his impact on the future of the nation. Controversially, Everett depicts Cromwell t as the fervent evangelical, Machiavellian politician, or the revolutionary administrator that earlier historians have perceived. Instead he reveals Cromwell as a highly capable and efficient servant of the Crown, rising to power t by masterminding Henry VIII's split with Rome but rather by dint of exceptional skills as an administrator.
- Author BiographyMichael Everett is a visiting fellow at the University of Southampton. He currently works at the House of Commons, London, and lives in Hampshire, UK.
- Author(s)Michael Everett
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illus.
- Weight789 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.