Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionTHE RISE OF THE POARCH BAND OF CREEK INDIANS is a book full of authenticity... deep in illuminating facts and practical information about the traditions, customs and culture of the ancestral Poarch Creek Indians. Authors Lou Vickery and Steve Travis offer timeless material that helps the reader navigate the historical, genealogical and biographical base of the only Federally-recognized Native American Tribe in the state of Alabama. THE RISE OF THE POARCH BAND OF CREEK INDIANS is a well-thought out, thoroughly researched book about the transitions, turning points and crossroads the ancestral Poarch Indians encountered as they used the past as a springboard to the future. The authors literally reviewed thousands of supporting documents and instruments in their research. THE RISE OF THE POARCH BAND OF CREEK INDIANS is essential reading for those who want to understand their cultural heritage and the place of their family lineage in Poarch history, or simply possess a deeper and more meaningful understanding and appreciation of the Creek Indians collectively, and the Poarch Band o Creek Indians specifically.
- Author BiographyLou Vickery grew up in Atmore, Alabama and attended Escambia County High School (ECHS) in Atmore. Lou earned ten (10) letters in football, basketball and baseball at ECHS. After graduating from ECHS, Lou signed a professional baseball contract with the St. Louis Cardinals. Over a ten-year career, Lou also played for the New York Yankees organization and coached in the Cincinnati Reds organization. Lou got his B.S. degree from Troy State University, graduating after his baseball career. After spending four years with Merrill Lynch, Lou moved into the training and development field. Over a thirty (30) year period, Lou worked with over 2,800 companies in 44 states and two foreign countries, including Nissan Corp., the National Association of Banking Women, RBK Chemical, University of Tennessee Women's Athletic Department, and Universal Underwriters, Inc. He has presented his customerfocus program to over 30,000 people. He has been featured numerous times on both the service and sales segment of ASTN (The Automotive Satellite Television Network). Lou is the author of ten books. His most recent book is a personal development book entitled: TRAVELING TIPS... ALONG SUCCESS ROAD (UPWORD Press, 2007). This book followed his highly acclaimed novel: A TOUCH OF GRAY (UPWORD Press, 2002)Other books include: HOW TO BE A WINNER...THE YOUNG ATHLETE'S NOTEBOOK (UPWORD Press, l998) and ANSWERS TO BASEBALL'S MOST ASKED QUESTIONS (Masters Press, l995), which is part of the Spalding Sports Library His other books were two attitude and motivational books and two spiritual and inspirational books. Lou presently is a co-host of the L.A. Morning Show on the Great American Radio Network. He is in his sixth year of broadcasting.
- Author(s)Lou Vickery
- PublisherUpword Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUpword Press
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.