All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rising Tide of Color challenges familiar narratives of race in American history that all too often present the U.S. state as a benevolent force in struggles against white supremacy, especially in the South. Featuring a wide range of scholars specializing in American history and ethnic studies, this powerful collection of essays highlights historical moments and movements on the Pacific Coast and across the Pacific to reveal a different story of race and politics. From labor and anticolonial activists around World War I and multiracial campaigns by anarchists and communists in the 1930s to the policing of race and sexuality after World War II and transpacific movements against the Vietnam War, The Rising Tide of Color brings to light histories of race, state violence, and radical movements that continue to shape our world in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyMoon-Ho Jung is the Walker Family Endowed Professor and associate professor of history at the University of Washington and the author of Coolies and Cane.
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleEmil and Kathleen Sick Book Series in Western History and Biography
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note13 illus.
- Weight409 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMoon-Ho Jung
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.