Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMargaret Alexiou's The Ritual Lament in Greek Tradition, first published in 1974, has long since been established as a classic in several fields. This is the only generic and diachronic study of learned and popular lament and its socio-cultural contexts throughout Greek tradition in which a great diversity of sources are integrated to offer a comprehensive and penetrating synthesis. Its interdisciplinary orientation and broad scope have rendered The Ritual Lament in Greek Tradition an indispensable reference work for classicists, byzantinists, neohellenists, folklorists, and anthropologists. Now a second edition, revised by Dimitrios Yatromalakis and Panagiotis Roilos, has been made available. This new edition also includes a valuable up-to-date bibliography on ritual lament and death in Greek culture.
- Author BiographyMargaret Alexiou is professor emerita of modern Greek studies at the Department of the Classics, Harvard University. Panagiotis Roilos is assistant professor of modern Greek studies at the Department of the Classics, Harvard University. Dimitrios Yatromanolakis is junior fellow in classics at te Society of Fellows, Harvard University.
- Author(s)Margaret Alexiou
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleGreek Studies: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date19/05/2016
- Content Notebibliog , index
- Weight481 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDimitrios Yatromanolakis,Panagiotis Roilos
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.