All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionGuide to The River Rhone Cycle Route, an 895km bicycle ride starting high in the Alps of central Switzerland and finishing at the Mediterranean Sea, near Marseille. The route - which is mostly downhill - is divided into 20 stages (averaging 45km per stage) and can be completed by most cyclists in 12-14 days. The described route uses two waymarked national cycle trails: the Swiss R1 Rhone Route and the French ViaRhona, which together have been adopted by the ECF (European Cyclists' Federation) as EuroVelo route EV17. The guide provides detailed route descriptions and 1:150,000 mapping for each stage, together with plenty of practical advice such as preparing for the journey, transport options there and back, what to take, accommodation en route and more. A Swiss/French glossary is also included. Taking in dramatic mountain vistas, Lake Geneva's enchanting beauty and the coastal delights of southern France, the route showcases some of the region's most spectacular scenery, making it a veritable gem for any tour cyclist looking to stretch their legs in stunning surrounds. If a visual feast is t eugh, cyclists can indulge in the gastromic wonders of the region. And need we mention the fact that the Rhone flows through some of the greatest wine producing regions of both Switzerland and France?
- Author BiographyMike Wells has been a keen long-distance walker and cyclist for over 20 years. He has walked all the major British trails, the GR5 through the Alps from Lake Geneva to the Mediterranean and has explored the Italian Dolomites- Alta Via routes. He has also walked in Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Norway and Chilean Patagonia.
- Author(s)Mike Wells
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note60 photos 46 maps
- Weight280 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.