Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionTHE RIVER WELLAND has been a main waterway through South Lincolnshire for centuries, flowing through Stamford, Market Deeping, Deeping St James, Crowland, Spalding and finally out to the sea at Fosdyke. This beautifully illustrated book is concerned principally with the role the Welland has played on its journey through the Deepings. Dorothea Price explores the history of the river prior to the Canal Age, then in the heyday of river commerce in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries when the section between Stamford and Deeping St James was canalised, and finally in more recent times.
- Author BiographyDorothea Price lives near the River Welland in Deeping St James in Peterborough.
- Author(s)Dorothea Price
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleRiver
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note147, 80 black & white illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.