All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe River is like a subtly crafted piece of chamber music. It is teasing, haunting and hushed. It is also damnably difficult to write about, as there is a mystery at its heart that I must t reveal. --Charles Spencer, Telegraph One of the best productions of the year... a magnetically eerie, lumiusly beautiful psychodrama. -- Time Out (London) The River is subtle, sleek and dark. Here is a sense of the mysterious and of kinship with others long gone. It is perhaps about time and eternity, about that spot on the river that, while always the same, is always changing. A wonderful play, glinting and elusive as a fish. -Sarah Hemming, Financial Times A remote fishing cabin, a man and a woman, and a moonless night - The River asks; when we find each other, are we trying to recapture someone we once lost? Tony Award winner Hugh Jackman starred in the hit Broadway production of The River in 2014 after its successful run in London. Jez Butterworth is also the author Mojo, The Night Heron, The Winterling, Parlour Song and Jerusalem. His plays have premiered in London at the Royal Court Theatre and the Almeida Theatre and in New York City at the Atlantic Theatre and on Broadway. He has won numerous awards for his work, including the E. M. Forster Award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He lives in Somerset, England.
- Author BiographyJez Butterworth's playwriting debut, Mojo, was staged at the Royal Court in 1995, and was acclaimed as 'one of the most dazzling Royal Court main stage debuts in years' ( Time Out ). Since then his plays have been premiered at the Royal Court, at the Almeida Theatre and at the Atlantic Theater in New York. Jerusalem ran for two hit seasons in the West End, as well as on Broadway. His films include Birthday Girl, Fair Game and an adaptation of Mojo.
- Author(s)Jez Butterworth
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.