The Rivers of Britain: Estuaries, Tideways, Havens, Lochs, Firths and Kyles by Stuart Fisher (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.11+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBritain's rivers deserve to be better kwn. Teeming with wildlife, steeped in history, sporting bridges, docks and stunning architecture, t to mention supporting riverside pubs, waterways museums and a variety of places of interest, they are the country's essential arteries, connecting inland Britain with the sea. Covering Britain's best kwn tidal rivers (the Avon, Severn, Dee, Mersey and Thames), the picturesque rural ones (the Camel, Wye, Orwell and Crouch), the industrial rivers of the Medway, Tyne and Clyde, right down to the smallest and lesser kwn of Britain's tidal waterways, this is a fascinating and comprehensive guide, packed with maps, colour photographs and interesting facts about the lifeblood of our country. Of interest to sailors, fishermen, motorised craft and caeists keen to discover beautiful unfrequented spots, stopping points, places of interest, riverside pubs and lookout points, as well as practical information on rapids, weirs and nearby towns and car parks, it will also interest walkers, cyclists, families and holidaymakers discovering the local history, folklore, riverside architecture and places to take river trips. This is a unique comprehensive and fascinating guide to Britain's river system, providing a revealing insight for anyone with an interest in Britain's watery arteries.
- Author BiographyAs the editor of Canoeist magazine, Stuart Fisher has written monthly guides to the canals and waterways of Britain for many years, always researched from the water, and sometimes using a kayak to reach abandoned or isolated navigations. His sister publication for Adlard Coles Nautical is an ongoing bestseller - Canals of Britain.
- Author(s)Stuart Fisher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight1291 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.85Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $79.05Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.