All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome say a place is home when you kw where all the roads go. Over in Lake Wobegon, all the roads take you there, and it's never been any different. And what you learn along the way is that-quicker than any road sign or street map or pair of shiny red shoes-all you really need is a story to get you from here to there. A story about an ordinary day, any ordinary day. About a young woman and her bridal shower, about a fishing shack and when it's prudent to drive out on the ice. A story about springtime, and air thick with desire, or about the advantages of dynamite when you're digging a grave in winter. Interim pastors, and lutefisk dinners, hunting pheasant in autumn and a food fight with spaghetti. Home is a fine place to listen. No need for a parka. No need to get up. Just light the fire, make some popcorn and hit Play. The Road Home will take you all the way to where you already are. No place like it. No place at all. Garrison Keillor has been delighting audiences for four decades w with heartfelt, moving, and downright hilarious tales from the shores of Lake Wobegon. Never before collected, these expertly crafted stories are full of gentle humor, genuine emotion, and (more often than t) surprising insights into family, relationships, community, faith, and hope.
- Author BiographyAs the host of A Prairie Home Companion for over forty years, Garrison Keillor has captivated millions of listeners with his weekly News from Lake Wobegon monologues.Keillor has been honored with Grammy, ACE, and George Foster Peabody awards, the National Humanities Medal, and election to the American Academy of Arts and Letters. His many books include Lake Wobegon Days, The Book of Guys, Pilgrims: A Wobegon Romance, Guy Noir and the Straight Skinny, and The Keillor Reader. He is the host of the daily program The Writer s Almanac and the editor of several anthologies of poetry. A Prairie Home Companion is heard on hundreds of public radio stations, as well as America One, the Armed Forces Networks, Sirius Satellite Radio, and via a live audio webcast.When not touring, he resides in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- PublisherHighBridge Audio
- Date of Publication19/04/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHighBridge Audio
- Weight136 g
- Width124 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byGarrison Keillor
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time180
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $41.77
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.