All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough often seen as one of America's native cinematic genres, the road movie has lent itself to diverse international contexts and inspired a host of filmmakers. As analyzed in this study, from its most familiar origins in Hollywood the road movie has become a global film practice, whether as a vehicle for exploring the relationship between various national contexts and American cinema, as a means of narrating different national and continental histories, or as a form of individual filmmaking expression. Beginning with key films from Depression-era Hollywood and the New Hollywood of the late 1960s and then considering its wider effect on world cinemas, this volume maps the development and adaptability of an enduring genre, studying iconic films along the way.
- Author BiographyNeil Archer is a lecturer in film studies at Keele University and the author of The French Road Movie: Space, Mobility, Identity.
- Author(s)Neil Archer
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleShort Cuts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.