Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionHer husband's career as an English soldier takes her away from her beloved home, first to the west of England and then further afield, to the tropical climates of Malaysia and Singapore, where the young teacher suddenly finds herself living a luxurious existence as a glamorous army wife. As her husband is offered a variety of exotic posts, Christina finds herself lugging her young family and assorted dogs across the globe, embracing different locations and cultures, moving from the Far East, to Wales and then out to South Africa, where apartheid is still firmly established. Through all these experiences, Christina maintains strong links with her family, and never loses her wry, clear outlook which she developed growing up on South Uist. Upon retirement she returned home to the Scottish Highlands, having lived and visited most places in the world, and happy to be back in the best.
- Author BiographyChristina Hall was born and raised on the island of South Uist and trained to be a teacher in Glasgow before marrying British soldier Colin Hall. After returning from their travels Christina settled down in the UK as a teacher for more than thirty years. She now lives in Glen Spean.
- Author(s)Christina Hall
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication24/11/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date23/04/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width126 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.