All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionA loving and hilarious if occasionally spiky valentine to Bill Bryson s adopted country, Great Britain. Prepare for total joy and multiple episodesof unseemly laughter. Twenty years ago, Bill Bryson went on a trip around Britain to discover and celebrate that green and pleasant land. The result was Notes from a Small Island, a true classic and one of the bestselling travel books ever written. Now he has traveled about Britain again, by bus and train and rental car and on foot, to see what has changed and what hasn t. Following (but t too closely) a route he dubs the Bryson Line, from Bogr Regis in the south to Cape Wrath in the rth, by way of places few travelers ever get to at all, Bryson rediscovers the wondrously beautiful, magnificently eccentric, endearingly singular country that he both celebrates and, when called for, twits. With his matchless instinct for the funniest and quirkiest and his unerring eye for the idiotic, the bewildering, the appealing, and the ridiculous, he offers acute and perceptive insights into all that is best and worst about Britain today. Nothing is more entertaining than Bill Bryson on the road and on a tear. The Road to Little Dribbling reaffirms his stature as a master of the travel narrative and a really, really funny guy. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyBill Bryson s bestselling books include A Walk in the Woods (now a major motion picture starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte), Notes from a Small Island, I m a Stranger Here Myself, In a Sunburned Country, A Short History of Nearly Everything (which earned him the 2004 Aventis Prize), The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, At Home, and One Summer. He lives in England with his wife. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Bill Bryson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House US Audio
- Out-of-print date15/02/2016
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byNathan Osgood
- Contained items statement11 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time840
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.