All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionSetting off from Ireland, Pete McCarthy takes us on a wonderful journey around the weird and wonderful Irish communities of the world. In his own inimitable style, Pete recounts his adventures and escapades as, in Morocco he meets the head of Clan McCarthy, and then goes on to visit the rewned Irish peoples of New York. He journeys to the southern hemisphere and then back again to the United States before ending up in a small town called McCarthy in Alaska. Will he encounter eugh McCarthy's Bars, as he continues to obey the eighth rule of travel: 'never pass a pub with your name on it'? This is a funny, affectionate look at the Irish communities of the world.
- Author BiographyPete McCarthy is the writer and performer of many series for radio and television, including 'Desperately Seeking Something', 'Country Tracks' and 'Travelog', for which he has won the Travelex Award for Best TV Writer.
- PrizesWinner of WH Smith Book Awards (Travel Writing) 2003 and WH Smith People's Choice Book Awards: Travel Writing 2003.
- Author(s)Pete McCarthy
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication18/07/2002
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Lir
- Out-of-print date19/04/2005
- Content Noteillustrations, maps, portraits
- Weight797 g
- Width157 mm
- Height43 mm
- Spine240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.