All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally issued in 1954 and updated in 1961 and 1987, this pioneering study of small group conflict and cooperation is w available again. The experiment demonstrated that conflict and enmity between groups can be transformed into cooperation and vice versa and that circumstances, goals, and external manipulation can alter behavior. Some have seen the findings of the experiment as having implications for reduction of hostility among racial and ethnic groups and among nations, while recognizing the difficulty of control of larger groups.
- Author BiographyMUZAFER SHERIF was Professor Emeritus of sociology at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Muzafer Sherif
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/02/1988
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Note41 illus. 14 tables. 3 figs. 4 graphs.
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.