About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the difference between a rock and a gem? What makes the Hope Diamond so special? Why are some minerals fluorescent?Dig deep to find the answers in The Rock and Gem Book. Filled with over 1,200 stunning full-color photographs, The Rock and Gem Book is the perfect encyclopedia for young geologists to consult.Chapters are organized according to scientific classifications with straightforward explanations that bring each specimen to life. From the quartz in watches to the limestone in the Great Pyramids, the earth's natural treasures are used in architecture, art, and science. Get up close to diamonds, rubies, pearls, and sapphires, and study the different types of rocks, from granite to meteorites.Designed in DK's signature style, the pages are filled with highly visual spreads that show off the depth and unique quality of each gemstone, rock, and fossil. See the past with fossils, learn about the ocean through shells, and find out what makes gold so special in The Rock and Gem Book.
- PublisherDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width221 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.