Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
About this product
- DescriptionA romantic page-turner propelled by the sixty-year secret that has shaped two families, four lovers, and one seaside resort community. Set against dramatic Mediterranean Sea views and lush olive groves, The Rocks opens with a confrontation and a secret: What was the mysterious, catastrophic event that drove two honeymooners apart so suddenly and absolutely in 1948 that they never spoke again despite living on the same island for sixty more years? And how did their history shape the Romeo and Juliet like romance of their (unrelated) children decades later? Centered around a popular seaside resort club and its community, The Rocks is a double love story that begins with a mystery, then moves backward in time, era by era, to unravel what really happened decades earlier. Peter Nichols writes with a pervading, soulful wisdom and self-kwing humor, and captures perfectly this world of glamorous, complicated, misbehaving types with all their sophisticated flaws and genuine longing. The result is a bittersweet, intelligent, and romantic vel about how powerful the perceived truth can be as a bond, and as a barrier even if it s t really the whole story; and how one misunderstanding can echo irreparably through decades.
- Author BiographyPeter Nichols has worked in advertising and as a screenwriter, and a shepherd in Wales, and he has sailed alone across the Atlantic. He divides his time between Europe and the United States.
- Author(s)Peter Nichols
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read bySteve West
- Contained items statement12 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time900
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.