Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionNatural and constructed wetlands play a very important role on the landscape and their ecological services are highly valuable. In fact, some wetland types are regarded as one of the most valuable ecosystems on the Earth. Water management, including flood water retention, biomass production, carbon sequestration, wastewater treatment and biodiversity sources, are among the most important ecological services of wetlands. The book is aimed at the use of constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment and for the evaluation of various ecosystem services of natural wetlands. Special attention is paid to the role and potential use of wetlands on the agricultural landscape. The book presents up-to-date results of ongoing research and the content of the book could be used by wetland scientists, researchers, engineers, designers, regulators, decision-makers, universities teachers, landscape engineers and landscape planners as well as by water authorities, water regulatory offices or wastewater treatment research institutions.
- Author BiographyJan Vymazal received his degrees (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) from Prague Institute of Chemical Technology. After five years in Water Research Institute in Prague he spent two years at Duke University, North Carolina. At present, he is affiliated with Czech University of Life Sciences Prague where he has become Full Professor at the Department of Applied Ecology. His principal research interests are in the areas of wastewater treatment in constructed wetlands and ecology of natural wetlands. He has published over 400 technical publications including two authored and seven edited books.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 41 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight528 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJan Vymazal
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.