All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes modernization lead to the decline of religion? This question lies at the centre of a key debate in the sociology of religion. During the past decade American scholars, using primarily American data, have dominated this debate and have made a strong case that the answer to this question is . Recently, however, a new crop of European scholars, working with new sources of European data, have uncovered evidence that points toward an affirmative answer. This volume pays special attention to these trends and developments to provide the reader with a more well-rounded understanding of the many ways in which religion interacts with modernization. Respected scholars such as David Voas, Steve Bruce and Anthony Gill examine modern societies across the world in this splendid book which will interest sociologists, political scientists, historians, and theologians in equal measure.
- Author BiographyDetlef Pollack is Professor of Comparative Sociology of Culture at Europa-Universitat Viadrina, Germany. Daniel V. A. Olson is Associate Professor of Sociology at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDaniel V. A. Olson,Detlef Pollack
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.