All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Simple Guide to The Roman Catholic Church will help you appreciate the significance of the largest organized religion in the world, understand what it means to be a Roman Catholic, recognize the Church's key practices and beliefs, and avoid faux pas in conversation, in travelling, in personal relationships.
- Author BiographyEdmund Hartley was born in Kent, England, in 1932 into a Catholic family. He began his schooling with the Benedictines, who asked him to leave, and completed his education under the Xaverian Brothers. Considered intellectually mediocre, he was put to Art School where he obtained the appropriate diplomas. National Service (1953 55) followed, culminating in the award of a Commission. Then, at the age of twenty-three, having decided that the Catholic priesthood was the highest possible human attainment, he was accepted for training and began his studies (1955 61) at St John s Seminary, near Guildford, Surrey, along with two of his three brothers. A period as a curate followed, after which he was drafted into the Army again, this time as a Chaplain. As a priest in service uniform for over eighteen years he spent time in Germany, Malaya and the UK. Since leaving the Army in 1983, he has been looking after a parish in south-east Kent.
- Author(s)Edmund Hartley
- Date of Publication24/01/2008
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleSimple Guides S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width109 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.