All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.02
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionInside the ermous, boldly designed Roman Colosseum, gladiators fought for their lives as citizens watched the deadly entertainment. Completed in 96 AD, it's a miraculous feat of engineering. This ble monument, and the ancient empire that created it, await young readers on these stunningly illustrated pages. Curious children can discover why and how the Colosseum was built; how it was decorated; who was allowed to enter; what took place behind the scenes; and what the Roman world was like. Full-color cutaways reveal the details of this astounding architectural achievement, and pinpoint enlargements focus on the day-to-day life of the people including how they ate, dressed, and sometimes fought.
- Author BiographyFiona Macdonald studied History at Cambridge University and at the University of East Anglia, England. She has taught in schools and colleges and has written numerous books for children. Mark Bergin studied at Eastbourne College of Art and specializes in historical reconstructions. He lives with his wife and family in East Sussex.
- Author(s)Fiona MacDonald
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleSpectacular Visual Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Bergin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.