All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roman monetary system was highly complex. It involved official Roman coins in both silver and bronze, which some provinces produced while others imported them from mints in Rome and elsewhere, as well as, in the East, a range of civic coinages. This is a comprehensive study of the workings of the system in the Eastern provinces from the Augustan period to the third century AD, when the Roman Empire suffered a monetary and ecomic crisis. The Eastern provinces exemplify the full complexity of the system, but comparisons are made with evidence from the Western provinces as well as with appropriate case studies from other historical times and places. The book will be essential for all Roman historians and numismatists and of interest to a broader range of historians of ecomics and finance.
- Author BiographyConstantina Katsari is Lecturer in Ancient History at the University of Leicester and a Fellow of the Royal Numismatic Society. Her publications include numerous articles and reviews on the Roman economy, comparative slavery and ancient identities, as well as three co-edited books: Patterns in the Economy of Roman Asia Minor (2005, co-edited with Stephen Mitchell), Slave Systems: Ancient and Modern (2008, co-edited with Enrico Dal Lago) and From Captivity to Freedom: Themes in Ancient and Modern Slavery (2008, co-edited with Enrico Dal Lago).
- Author(s)Constantina Katsari
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note43 tables
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.