All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study describes and interprets the graves and human remains of Roman and Byzantine date recovered by excavation between 1954 and 1976 in several locales around the Isthmian Sanctuary and the succeeding fortifications. This material provides important evidence for both death and life in the Greek countryside during the Late Roman to Early Byzantine periods. Examination of burial within the local settlement, comparative study of mortuary behavior, and analysis of skeletal morphology, ancient demography, oral health and paleopathology all contribute to a picture of the rural Corinthians over this transitional era as interactive, resilient and modestly invative.
- Author BiographyJoseph L. Rife is Associate Professor in the Department of Classical Studies at Vanderbilt University.
- Author(s)J. L. Rife
- PublisherAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- Place of PublicationPrinceton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Content Note267 figs, 61 tables
- Weight2268 g
- Width234 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.