All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGambling permeated the daily lives of eighteenth-century Britons of all classes. This book explicates the relationship between the rampant gambling in eighteenth-century England, the new forms of gambling-inspired capitalism that transformed British society, and vels that interrogate the new socio-ecomy of long odds and lucky breaks.
- Author BiographyJESSICA RICHARD is Associate Professor of English at Wake Forest University, USA. She has published articles on Rasselas, Belinda, and Frankenstein. She is the editor of The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia (Broadview, 2008).
- Author(s)Jessica Richard
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/05/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.