The Roosevelts and the Royals: Franklin and Eleanor, the King and Queen of England, and the Friendship That Changed History by Will Swift (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.48+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book on Franklin and Elear Roosevelt's extraordinary relationship with the King and Queen of England In June of 1939, just three months before the outbreak of the Second World War, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain paid a visit to the United States - the first time a British monarch had ever set foot on American soil - at a time when American isolationists were opposed to helping Britain fight the Nazis. Their hosts were Franklin and Elear Roosevelt, who hored them with a state dinner in Washington and an intimate sojourn at the Roosevelt estate in Hyde Park, New York, where the King and Queen were served hot dogs at a famous picnic. For the first time, The Roosevelts and the Royals tells the story of the friendship that developed between the two couples - and nations. The book traces the early years and development of all four colorful and complex main characters, and it shows how the challenging Roosevelt-Windsor alliance survived even after the war. Filled with extraordinary anecdotes, some of them shared with the author by the Queen Mother, the book is illustrated with rare photographs. Will Swift (New York, NY) has written on royal history for twenty years in Majesty magazine and other publications. He curated a New York exhibition celebrating the Queen Mother's 100th birthday.
- Author BiographyWILL SWIFT, Ph.D., writes on American leaders and British royalty of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. He is also a practicing clinical psychologist specializing in cognitive and marital therapy. Swift founded the Royalty Bookshop in Manhattan and the royal history and collecting journal Sceptre, and he has curated several major exhibitions on royal history, including one celebrating the Queen Mother's 100th birthday in 2000. Swift lives in Manhattan and in the historic Nathan Wild House, once visited by FDR, in Valatie, New York. His Web site is www willswift.com.
- Author(s)Will Swift
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Out-of-print date12/11/2007
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight652 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.