All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionAfrica is more prone to violent conflicts than other regions. Indeed, Africa's share of the more than 180 million people who died from conflicts and atrocities in the twentieth century is relatively modest...This is t to underestimate the immense impact of violent conflicts on Africa; it is merely to emphasize the need for more balanced debate and commentary. - From the introduction by Paul Tiyambe Zeleza Violent conflicts have exacted a heavy toll on Africa's societies, polities, and ecomies. This book presents African scholars' views of why conflicts start in their continent. The causes of conflict are too often examined by scholars from the countries that run the proxy wars and sell the arms to fuel them. This volume offers theoretically sophisticated, empirically grounded, and compelling analyses of the roots of African conflicts.
- Author BiographyDr. Alfred G. Nhema is the executive secretary of OSSREA, the Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa, Addis Ababa. He is the author of Democracy in Zimbabwe: From Liberation to Liberalization. He is also editor of The Quest for Peace in Africa: Transformations, Democracy and Public Policy . He is also the co-editor of The Resolution of African Conflicts.Paul Tiyambe Zeleza is Head of the Department of African American Studies, Professor of African American Studies and History and the Liberal Arts and Sciences Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He was elected Vice-President of the (U.S.) African Studies Association for 2007-2008 and will serve as President in 2008-2009. He has authored or edited more than two dozen books including most recently The Resolution of African Conflicts; The Study of Africa; and African Universities in the Twenty-First Century.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication18/03/2008
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight372 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAlfred Nhema,Paul Tiyambe Zeleza
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.