The Rosaleen Moldenhauer Memorial: Music History from Primary Sources : a Guide to the Moldenhauer Archives by Jon Newsom, Rosaleen Moldenhauer, Hans Moldenhauer, Moldenhauer Archives at the Library of Congress, Alfred Mann (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Moldenhauer Archives, gathered during nearly 40 years and spanning the history of Western music from Gregorian chant to the present, represent the most comprehensive collection of manuscripts and other sources for the study of music undertaken by an individual. The manuscripts include music, ranging from full scores to sketches; letters; literary works such as the prologue to Wedekind's play Erdgeist or poems by Hildegard Jone; and other documents, such as receipts signed by J. S. Bach. Some of the manuscripts are holographs (entirely in the hand of the author) and some are in the hands of copyists (one letter signed by Beethoven was written out by his nephew). With sensitivity to both their visual and informational value, Hans Moldenhauer used his last sighted years to gather these incomparable documents of musical creativity. This substantial volume contains 57 essays by a variety of experts on items in the Archives citing the location of each item. With superb color illustrations and a comprehensive inventory, it is an indispensable reference source for librarians and students of music history. Its information on authenticating manuscripts will be useful to collectors and dealers in music manuscripts. It is also a unique source of supplementary reading for college-level courses in music history, providing students with extensive examples of the manuscripts of major composers.
- Author BiographyJON NEWSOM is Chief, Music Division, Library of Congress. ALFRED MANN, Professor Emeritus of Musicology at Rutgers University and at the Eastman School of Music, enjoyed a 50-year friendship with Hans Moldenhauer.
- Author(s)Alfred Mann,Hans Moldenhauer,Jon Newsom,Moldenhauer Archives at the Library of Congress,Rosaleen Moldenhauer
- PublisherLibrary of Congress,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibrary of Congress,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations (some colour)
- Weight3084 g
- Width213 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine62 mm
- Edited byAlfred Mann,Hans Moldenhauer,Jon Newsom,Rosaleen Moldenhauer
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.