All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rose Tattoo is larger than life-a fable, a Greek tragedy, a comedy, a melodrama-it is a love letter from Tennessee Williams to anyone who has ever been in love or ever will be. Professional widow and dressmaker Serafina delle Rosa has withdrawn from the world, locking away her heart and her sixteen-year-old daughter Rosa. Then one day a man with the sexy body of her late Sicilian husband and the face of a village idiot, Mangiacavallo (Italian for eat a horse ), stumbles into her life and clumsily unlocks Serafina's fiery anger, sense of betrayal, pride, wit, passion, and eventually her capacious love. The original production of The Rose Tattoo won Tony Awards for best play and for the stars, Eli Wallach and Maureen Stapleton. Anna Magnani received the Academy Award as Best Actress for the 1955 film version. This edition of The Rose Tattoo has an Introduction by playwright John Patrick Shanley, the author's original foreword, the one-act The Dog Enchanted by the Divine View that was the germ for the play, and an essay by ted Tennessee Williams scholar Jack Barbera.
- Author BiographyTennessee Williams (1911-1983) is the acclaimed author of many books of letters, short stories, poems, essays, and a large collection of plays, including The Glass Menagerie, A Streetcar Named Desire, Camino Real, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Orpheus Descending, The Night of the Iguana, and The Rose Tattoo. John Patrick Shanley is the author of Doubt: A Parable, which won the Tony Award and the Pulitzer Prize for best play of 2005, and several screenplays, including Moonstruck, winner of the Academy Award for best original screenplay.
- Author(s)Tennessee Williams
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication14/04/2010
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight180 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Introduction byJohn Patrick Shanley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.