All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an indispensable reference source and training tool t only for kiln operators, but for supervisors and management staff as well. Extensive discussions on pre-heater and pre-calciner operations are included. The appendix includes a section with conversion tables, definitions of common terms relating to rotary kilns, and a suggested outline for a training program for new operators. CONTENTS: History; Types of Rotary Kilns; Refractories; Fuels; Combustion; The Flame; Heat Transfer; Heat Balances; The Chemistry of Kiln Feed and Clinker, Reaction Zones in the Rotary Kiln; Coating and Ring Formation in a Rotary Kiln; The Air Circuit in a Rotary Kiln: Movement of the Material Through The Kiln; Kiln Operating and Control Methods; Instrumentation; Burning Zone Control; Fuel Systems; Clinker cooler Control; Kiln Exit-Gas Temperature Control; Feed-Rate Control; Kiln Starts and Shutdowns; The 27 Basic Kiln Conditions; Kiln Emergency Conditions; Safety and Accident Prevention; Appendix: A KILN OPERATOR S QUIZ; Glossary; Conversion Tables; Index. See also: F.M. LEA's, THE CHEMISTRY OF CEMENT AND CONCRETE, Third Edition: ISBN 978-0-8206-0212-7; Kurt Peray, The Cement Manufacturer's Handbook: ISBN 0820603686. Visit us at www.chemical-publishing.com
- Author(s)Kurt E. Peray
- PublisherChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1986
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.