CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionAt 8.20 precisely, the timing device set off the trigger, the battery pack sent power running through the cables, and thirty pounds of gelignite exploded on the far side of the pub. And that was how it all ended, for the chick and the hairy guy. The tale of Benjamin Trotter and his friends' coming of age during the 1970s is a heartfelt celebration of the joys and agonies of growing up. Featuring, among other things, IRA bombs, prog rock, punk rock, bad poetry, first love, love on the side, prefects, detention, a few bottles of Blue Nun, plenty of brown wallpaper, industrial strife, and divine intervention in the form of a pair of swimming trunks, it is firmly and mischievously located in the midst of the decade's many struggles and upheavals. Tragic and riotous by turns, packed with thwarted romance and furtive sex, The Rotters' Club is for anyone who ever experienced adolescence the hard way.
- Author BiographyJonathan Coe was born in Birmingham in 1961. He is the author of eight bestselling novels, including What a Carve Up! and The Rotters' Club, and a biography of the novelist B. S. Johnson. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Jonathan Coe
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Ink
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/06/2013
- Weight280 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.