All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rough Guide to Argentina is the ultimate guide to this beguiling country, with detailed coverage of its beautiful cities and wild national parks. You'll find all the practical information you need, as well as suggested itineraries, historical and cultural context, and our expert authors' top tips. Reviews - in Rough Guides' honest, tell-it-like-it-is style - show you the best places to eat, sleep, drink, dance and shop, matter what your budget. Get to kw the cosmopolitan capital, Bues Aires, with a sultry tango class, dinner at a secretive puerta cerrada restaurant, or a raucous football match; learn about the mysterious gauchos with an asado in a frontier town or a stay at an estancia; and follow in the footsteps of Che Guevara with your own trip along some of South America's most iconic roads. Whether you're climbing mountains and sailing past glaciers or sipping wine in a sunlit vineyard, the clear maps and authoritative prose of The Rough Guide to Argentina will help you make the most of your time in this captivating country.
- Author BiographyBorn and brought up in south London, Shafik Meghji co-presented the Channel 4 youth sports programme Rookies, before heading to the University of Warwick to study politics and international studies. After graduating in 2001, he gained the Guardian's Scott Trust Bursary for aspiring journalists and went on to write for the paper and study newspaper journalism at City University, London. Shafik then worked as a news and sports reporter for the Evening Standard until wanderlust set in and he left for India and South America, where he wrote for UK and US publications.After returning to London, Shafik worked as a freelance news, features and sports journalist for a wide range of newspapers, magazines and websites, including the Independent and the Mirror, before joining Rough Guides in 2007. A co-author of the forthcoming Rough Guide to India (eighth edition), Shafik has also contributed to Rough Guides to the Baltic States, Chile, Nepal, Paris and Egypt, as well as Earthbound: a Rough Guide to the World in Pictures and Make the Most of Your Time on Earth: a Rough Guide to the World (second edition). When not on the road, Shafik is based in south London, where he works as a writer and editor for Amnesty International UK and as a freelance journalist.
- Author(s)Madelaine Triebe,Shafik Meghji,Sorrel Moseley-Williams,Stephen Keeling
- PublisherRough Guides Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRough Guides
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width139 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.