All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore a continent than a county, India is an overload for the senses. From the Himalayan peaks of Sikkim to the tropical backwaters of Kerala, the desert forts of Rajasthan to the mangroves of West Bengal, India's breathtaking diversity of landscapes is matched only by its range of cultures, cuisines, religions and languages. The new, full-colour Rough Guide to India gives you the lowdown on this beguiling country, whether you want to hang out in hyper-modern cities or explore thousand-year-old temples, track tigers through the forest or take part in age-old festivals, get a taste of the Raj or watch a cricket match. And easy-to-use maps, reliable transport advice, and expert reviews of the best hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs and shops for all budgets ensure that you won't miss a thing. Make the most of your time with The Rough Guide to India.
- Author BiographyBorn and brought up in south London, Shafik Meghji co-presented the Channel 4 youth sports programme Rookies, before heading to the University of Warwick to study politics and international studies. After graduating in 2001, he gained the Guardian's Scott Trust Bursary for aspiring journalists and went on to write for the paper and study newspaper journalism at City University, London. Shafik then worked as a news and sports reporter for the Evening Standard until wanderlust set in and he left for India and South America, where he wrote for UK and US publications.After returning to London, Shafik worked as a freelance news, features and sports journalist for a wide range of newspapers, magazines and websites, including the Independent and the Mirror, before joining Rough Guides in 2007. A co-author of the forthcoming Rough Guide to India (eighth edition), Shafik has also contributed to Rough Guides to the Baltic States, Chile, Nepal, Paris and Egypt, as well as Earthbound: a Rough Guide to the World in Pictures and Make the Most of Your Time on Earth: a Rough Guide to the World (second edition). When not on the road, Shafik is based in south London, where he works as a writer and editor for Amnesty International UK and as a freelance journalist. Gavin Thomas has worked for Rough Guides as a writer and editor since 1998; he is the author of the Rough Guide to Dubai, the Rough Guide to Sri Lanka, the forthcoming Rough Guide to Oman, and co-author of the Rough Guide to Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra.
- Author(s)Daniel Jacobs,David Abram,Devdan Sen,Gavin Thomas,Mike Ford,Nick Edwards,Shafik Meghji
- PublisherRough Guides Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleRough Guide to...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRough Guides
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight960 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.