Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 15 Jan
- AU $42.84+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn everything you ever wanted to kw about the famous Main Street of America, Route 66, in this contemporary reference book. A reference book with a twist, The Route 66 Encyclopedia presents alphabetical entries on Route 66 history, landmarks, personalities, and culture, from Bobby Troup's anthem Route 66 to Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath to the Wigwam Motel. It's illustrated with more than 1,000 old and new, color and black and white photographs and pieces of memorabilia. You'll learn about Jack Rittenhouse and Will Rogers, as well as the contributions of lesser-kwn figures like Arthur Nelson and Angel Delgadillo. With references to the old (including the history of the U Drop Inn Cafe in Texas) and new (including a section about the recent Cars movie), The Route 66 Encyclopedia provides a sweeping look at a highway that has become more than just a road. These pages cover the history of Route 66 and the people who played a role in its transformation from highway to icon between 1926 and the present, but like the highway itself, this work does t fit within the traditional confines of generalities or termilogy.Yes, this is an encyclopedia, a reference book for all things Route 66. However, it is also a time capsule, a travel guide, a history book, a memorial, a testimonial, and a chronicle of nearly a century of social change and evolution.
- Author BiographySince his childhood, JIM HINCKLEY dreamed of being an author. After numerous detours into truck driving, mining, ranching, and a variety of other endeavors, he turned to writing a weekly column on automotive history for his local newspaper, the Kingman Daily Miner, in his adopted hometown of Kingman, Arizona. From that initial endeavor more than twenty years ago, Hinckley has written extensively on his two primary passions: automotive history and travel. He is a regular contributor to Route 66,American Road, Hemmings Classic Car, and Old Cars Weekly, and he is an associate editor atCars & Parts. Book reviews and original features on automotive history and travel can be found on his blog, www.route66chronicles.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Jim Hinckley
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Weight1179 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.