The Routledge Companion to Children's Literature by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksintown
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.99+ AU $9.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by nefairri-us
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Routledge Companion to Children's Literature is a vibrant and authoritative exploration of children's literature in all its manifestations. It features a series of essays written by expert contributors who provide an illuminating examination of why children's literature is the way it is. Topics covered include: * the history and development of children's literature * various theoretical approaches used to explore the texts, including narratological methods * questions of gender and sexuality along with issues of race and ethnicity * realism and fantasy as two prevailing modes of story-telling * picture books, comics and graphic vels as well as 'young adult' fiction and the 'crossover' vel * media adaptations and neglected areas of children's literature. The Routledge Companion to Children's Literature contains suggestions for further reading throughout plus a helpful timeline and a substantial glossary of key terms and names, both established and more cutting-edge. This is a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to an increasingly complex and popular discipline.
- Author BiographyDavid Rudd is Professor of Children's Literature at the University of Bolton, UK. He was on the awarding panel for the Children's Laureate 2007 and his books include A Communication Studies Approach to Children's Literature (1992) and Enid Blyton and the Mystery of Children's Literature (2000).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Companions
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white halftones
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid Rudd
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.