All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEpistemology, the philosophy of kwledge, is at the core of many of the central debates and issues in philosophy, interrogating the tions of truth, objectivity, trust, belief and perception. The Routledge Companion to Epistemology provides a comprehensive and the up-to-date survey of epistemology, charting its history, providing a thorough account of its key thinkers and movements, and addressing enduring questions and contemporary research in the field. Organized thematically, the Companion is divided into ten sections: Foundational Issues, The Analysis of Kwledge, The Structure of Kwledge, Kinds of Kwledge, Skepticism, Responses to Skepticism, Kwledge and Kwledge Attributions, Formal Epistemology, The History of Epistemology, and Metaepistemological Issues. Seventy-eight chapters, each between 5000 and 7000 words and written by the world's leading epistemologists, provide students with an outstanding and accessible guide to the field. Designed to fit the most comprehensive syllabus in the discipline, this text will be an indispensible resource for anyone interested in this central area of philosophy. The Routledge Companion to Epistemology is essential reading for students of philosophy.
- Author BiographySven Bernecker is Professor of Philosophy at the University of California at Irvine. His main areas of research are epistemology, metaphysics, and philosophy of mind, and he has published numerous articles in these areas. He is the author of Reading Epistemology (2006) and is co-editor with Fred Dretske of Knowledge (2000). Duncan Pritchard is Professor at the School of Philosophy, Psychology, and Language Sciences at The University of Edinburgh. His main area of research is epistemology, and he has published widely in this area. In particular, he is the author of Epistemic Luck (2005), Epistemology A-Z (with M. Blaauw, 2005), and What is this Thing Called Knowledge?, Second Edition (Routledge, 2010).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/01/2011
- Series TitleRoutledge Philosophy Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1700 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byDuncan Pritchard,Sven Bernecker
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.