All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionNineteenth-century Britain saw the rise of secularism, the development of a modern capitalist ecomy, multi-party democracy, and an explosive growth in techlogical, scientific and medical kwledge. It also witnessed the emergence of a mass literary culture which changed permanently the relationships between writers, readers and publishers. Focusing on the work of British and Irish authors, The Routledge Concise History of Nineteenth-Century Literature: * considers changes in literary forms, styles and genres, as well as in critical discourses * examines literary movements such as Romanticism, Pre-Raphaelitism, Aestheticism and Decadence * considers the work of a wide range of canical and n-canical writers * discusses the impact of gender studies, queer theory, postcolonialism and book history * contains useful, student-friendly features such as explanatory text boxes, chapter summaries, a detailed glossary and suggestions for further reading. In their lucid and accessible manner, Josephine M. Guy and Ian Small provide readers with an understanding of the complexity and variety of nineteenth-century literary culture, as well as the historical conditions which produced it.
- Author BiographyJosephine M. Guy is Professor in Modern English Literature at the School of English Studies, University of Nottingham. Ian Small is Professor of English Literature at the Department of English, University of Birmingham.
- Author(s)Ian Small,Josephine Guy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Concise Histories of Literature
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.