All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlato, often cited as a founding father of Western philosophy, set out ideas in the Republic regarding the nature of justice, order, and the character of the just individual, that endure into the modern day. The Routledge Guidebook to Plato's Republic introduces the major themes in Plato's great book and acts as a companion for reading the work, examining: * The context of Plato's work and the background to his writing * Each separate part of the text in relation to its goals, meanings and impact * The reception the book received when first seen by the world * The relevance of Plato's work to modern philosophy, its legacy and influence. With further reading included throughout, this text follows Plato's original work closely, making it essential reading for all students of philosophy, and all those wishing to get to grips with this classic work.
- Author BiographyNickolas Pappas is Professor of Philosophy at the City College and Graduate Centre of the City University of New York, where he regularly teaches courses on Plato's philosophy.
- Author(s)Nickolas Pappas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- Series TitleThe Routledge Guides to the Great Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Series Edited byAnthony Gottlieb
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.