All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe Routledge Handbook to Contemporary Jewish Cultures explores the diversity of Jewish cultures and ways of investigating them, presenting the different methodologies, arguments and challenges within the discipline. Divided into themed sections, this book considers in turn: * How the individual terms Jewish and culture are defined, looking at perspectives from Anthropology, Music, Literary Studies, Sociology, Religious Studies, History, Art History, and Film, Television, and New Media Studies. * How Jewish cultures are theorized, looking at key themes regarding power, textuality, religion/secularity, memory, bodies, space and place, and networks. * Case studies in contemporary Jewish cultures. With essays by leading scholars in Jewish culture, this book offers a clear overview of the field and offers exciting new directions for the future.
- Author BiographyLaurence Roth is Professor of English and Jewish Studies at Susquehanna University, USA. Nadia Valman is Senior Lecturer in English at Queen Mary, University of London, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Literature Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight861 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byLaurence Roth,Nadia Valman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.