All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe issues surrounding the provision, preparation and development of food products is fundamental to every human being on the planet. Given the scarcity of agricultural land, environmental pollution, climate change and the exponential growth of the world's population where starvation and obesity are both widespread it is little wonder that exploring the frontiers of food is w a major focus for researchers and practitioners. This timely Handbook provides a systematic guide to the current state of kwledge on sustainable food. It begins by analyzing the historical development surrounding food production and consumption, then moves on to discuss the current food crisis and challenges as well as the impacts linked to modern agriculture and food security. Finally, it concludes with a section that examines emerging sustainable food trends and movements in addition to an analysis of current food science invations. Developed from specifically commissioned original contributions the Handbook's inherent multidisciplinary approach paves the way for deeper understanding of all aspects linked to the evolution of food in society, including insights into local food, food and tourism, organic food, indigeus and traditional food, sustainable restaurant practices, consumption patterns and sourcing. This book is essential reading for students, researches and academics interested in the possibilities of sustainable forms of gastromy and gastromy's contribution to sustainable development. The title includes a foreword written by Roberto Flore, Head Chef at the Nordic Food Lab, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Author BiographyPhilip Sloan is one of the founding members of the lecturing team that started the Department of Hospitality management at the IUBH in Bonn, Germany in September 2000. He holds a Masters degree in Environmental Management, an M.B.A. and has a long list of peer reviewed scientific journal articles to his credit. Willy Legrand is a professor at the IUBH School of Business and Management located in Bad Honnef, Bonn, Germany. Willy holds a Master of Business Administration degree with a specialisation in Corporate Environmental Management and has completed his PhD in Hospitality Management and Marketing. With co-authors Philip Sloan and Joseph S. Chen, Willy published a leading university textbook on sustainable matters in hospitality (Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry: Principles of Sustainable Operations, Elsevier). Clare Hindley is a professor in the Language and Communication department at IUBH School of Business and Management, Bad Honnef, Bonn. She gained her PhD in the field of Sociolinguistics, focusing on language and social networks. She also holds a B.A. in English and Classical Civilisation and an M.A. in Applied Linguistics. Her research interests include the world of Hospitality and Tourism with particular focus on education, culture and sociology.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note71 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 39 black & white halftones, 26 black & white line drawings
- Weight1052 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byClare Hindley,Philip Sloan,Willy Legrand
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.