All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of creative learning extends far beyond Arts-based learning or the development of individual creativity. It covers a range of processes and initiatives throughout the world that share common values, systems and practices aimed at making learning more creative. This applies at individual, classroom, or whole school level, always with the aim of fully realising young people's potential. Until w there has been single text bringing together the significant literature that explores the dimensions of creative learning, despite the work of artists in schools and the development of a cadre of creative teaching and learning specialists. Containing a mixture of newly commissioned chapters, reprints and updated versions of previous publications, this book brings together major theorists and current research. Comprising of key readings in creative education, it will stand as a uniquely authoritative text that will appeal to those involved in initial and continuing teacher education, as well as research academics and policy specialists. Sections include: * a general introduction to the field of creative learning * arts learning traditions, with sub sections on discrete art forms such as drama and visual art * accounts of practice from artist-teacher partnerships * whole school change and reforms * curriculum change * assessment * evaluative case studies of impact and effect * global studies of policy change around creative learning.
- Author BiographyDr. Julian Sefton-Green is an independent consultant and researcher working in Education and the Cultural and Creative Industries. He is a special Professor of Education at The University of Nottingham, UK, and an Adjunct Associate Research Professor at the University of South Australia. Dr Pat Thomson is Professor of Education at The University of Nottingham. She was commissioned by Creative Partnerships to produce a literature review on whole school change (available on the CP website) and is directing the largest CP national research project on how schools have taken up the offer made by CP. Dr. Liora Bresler is a Professor at the College of Education, and at the School of Art and Design, and a Fellow at the Academy of Entrepreneurial Leadership at the University of Illinois at Champaign. Dr Ken Jones is Professor of Education at Keele University. He has taught English in London comprehensive schools, and been a teacher educator in London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight997 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJulian Sefton-Green,Ken Jones,Liora Bresler,Pat Thomson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.